BOARD MEETING MINUTES:
Board Meeting was held at Haines House of Cards on Saturday, July 13, 2013.
Attending were: Hartzel, Arkin, Pyles, Lawson, Payne, Hinton, and S.A.M. Assembly President Patrick Thernes.
(1) Tentative Ring 71 Calendar FOR 2013-2014 fiscal year:
- September 14, 2013 (Friday): Abra-kidabra magic show by Thernes and others
- September 15, 2013 (Saturday): IBM/S.A.M. combined picnic and War of Wizards contest at Lake Isabella (Mickie will coordinate food)
- Prices: $15 per member and per member’s guest; $10 for kids under 16; and $20 for nonmembers.
- Flea Market tables available at $10 per table.
- Installation of Officers for both clubs
- War of the Wizards: have two judges thus far (Pyles and Arkin. Will need a third judge)
- October 25, 2013: Lecture to be determined (possibly Danny Orleans)
- November 1st & 2nd: Unconventional Convention
- November 22, 2013: Member Lecture – by Mickie Pyles – topic Magic Seance demonstration and lecture
- December – no meetings
- January 24, 2014: close-up contest for Ring 71 members. Remind people this is for close-up magic, not parlor magic
- January 30th thru Feb 1st: Magic-Fest
- February 22, 2014 (Saturday): combined IBM/S.A.M. Banquet at the Farm
- March 6th thru 8th: Winter Carnival of Magic
- March 28, 2014: Lecture tbd
- April 18, 2014 (Friday): possible combined IBM/S.A.M. lecture
- April 26, 2014 (Saturday): Ring 71 Magic Auction at Haines
- May 23, 2014: lecture tbd
- June 14, 2014 (Saturday): possible return of the Past President’s Magic Contest (Pat Hartzel to arrange/confirm)
(2) We will send additional Zig Zag reminders of upcoming events, and post on our web page (Jeff Brown) and Facebook (Arkin).
(3) Membership – Pat Hartzel said 39 members have paid their renewal dues thus far. Arkin to send dues notices/invitations
(4) Treasurer’s Report – [REDACTED, as this is not public information. Any IBM Ring 71 member may contact Treasurer Pat Hartzel or another board member for this information.]
(5) Patrick Thernes suggested that Ring 71 and Assembly 11 work on sponsoring a youth club project. Perhaps re-instituting the Counts of Conjuring. Hinton, Payne, Hartzel, and Thernes will explore this further.
END OF REPORT